Persistent identifier:
52118016
image: of 355
JOHN ADAMS'S SOUTHAMPTON ALMANACK.
175
Southampton Charity Organisation Society.
OFFICE—DISPENSARY BUILDINGS, TRINITY ROAD, OFFICE HOURS—10 TILL 1.
fygswfgwf—W. Ransay, Esq.. J.P.
Ficg-jPrgswfgwfs—The Deputy President Board of Guardians, J. E. Le Feuvre, , Esq., J.P. ; Inspector-Gen. Maclean, C.B., M.D.; W. F. G. Spranger, Esq., and W. E. Darwin, Esq., J.P.
Ho*i. rrgos.—R. C. Hankinson, Esq., J.P. How. SoZicMor—W. H. Moberly, Esq. yoiwf Sgcygfartes—J. P. Ranwell, Esq., and J. G. A. Hatherly, Esq. jdggMf—Mr. W. Beavis.
05/ac^—f o bring existing Local Charities into co-operation with one another and with the Poor Law Authorities, with a view to prevent the abuse of charity by undeserving persons, or by those who are already sufficiently relieved. To secure the investigation, both through paid and voluntary agency, under the direction of the Committee, of the cases of all poor persons coming before them, with the ultimate object of referring them to the proper quarters for relief. To promote the general welfare of the poor of the district, and to encourage provident habits. To relieve, by loan or otherwise, out of its surplus funds, deserving cases for which relief cannot be procured from existing charities.
St Mary's Cottage Hospital.
DERBY ROAD, NORTHAM.
Lajy PfesMewf awd How. —Mrs. Black.
CAaifwzaw—T. Chamberlayne, Esq. —J. C. Moberly, Esq.
—A. Barlow, W. E. Darwin, F. Hall, M.R.C.S., S. J. G. Jellicoe, and W. Ramsay, Esqrs.; Admiral Parsons, R.N.
How. Swfgaows—Fredk. Hall, Esq., M.R.C.S., L.S.A., and Claude P. Le Quesne,
L.R.C.P. Lond., M.R.C.S.
How. Swggow.-DgwdwZ—H. C. Corke, Esq. How. SoZtctfor—J. C. Moberly, Esq. BawAers—Messrs. Grant and Maddison's Union Banking Co.
Howorary XwdtZors—H. D. Rhodes, and A. H. Pearpoint, Esqrs. TYwsfggs—W. E. Darwin, S. J. G. Jellicoe, and J. C. Moberly, Esqrs. MaZrow—Mrs. Uphill. jDts^gwcer—Mr. Bates.
Annual Subscriptions become due on August 1st.
This Hospital is established solely for the treatment of those suffering from Ulcerated legs and Eczema, and is for Out-Patients only. Founded and established by Mrs. Black, in 1872, and supported by voluntary contributions.
Hants Female Orphan Asylum.
BELLEVUE.
Pafro;w—His Serene Highness the Prince Edward of Saxe-Weimar, K.C.B. The Right Hon. Lord Montagu of Beaulieu.
The Right Rev. the Lord Bishop of Winchester.
Ktcg-Padrow awd Ptstfor—The Right Rev. the Lord Bishop of Guildford. CAa^Zaiw—Rev. W. Stratham. How. AfgdtcaZXffgwdawf—Dr. A. B. Wade. How. Secrgfa*y—Miss Warner. T"fgas%y6f—O. R. Dawson, Esq. Baw&ws—Messrs. Maddison, Hankinson, Darwin, & Co. Mafrow—Miss Francis.
Established A.D. 1887, for the maintenance, clothing, and education of Oiphan Girls, resident in the County of Hants.
Facebook Twitter Stumbleupon Delicious Digg RSS