Persistent identifier:
00660471
image: of 718
TILLAGE DIRECTORY.
661
Rabbick Henry, farmer, Kent's farm Winsor
Read George, bootmaker and
leather seller, Junction road Read Henry, bookseller and sta-
tioner, and news agent Read Miss, Preparatory school, Post office
Read Mrs. Mary, post mistress, •Post office
Read W. boot maker and agent Prudential Assurance Co. Junction road
Reed John Caleb, coal and corn merchant
Rogers Thomas, clerk, Junction rd Rdes W. plumber and painter, Rumbridge street and at Romsey, T. Fry, manager Rose Miss, farmer, Water lane and Totton farm
Rustell John, baker, Rumbridge st Saxby Robert, beer retailer, Water lane
Shergold Charles, tailor, Rum
bridge street Sims William, dairyman, Rumbridge street
Smith W. C. plumber, Commercial road
Spencer Richard, shopkeeper Spicer William, builder, Commercial road
Staines C. H. station master, L. & S. W. Railway station; agent Railway Passengers Assurance Co.
Stratton James, gardener, Rum bridge st
Tate Thomas, beer retailer, Old
Farm House Taylor Henry, master, National schools, School house, Rum bridge street Taylor James, horse dealer, Winsor Taylor Tom, horse slaughterer.
White Moor farm Taylor Wm. oil dealer,.Commercial road
Tomlinson Geo. watch and clock
maker, Commercial road Trix Thomas Jurd, land and engi neering surveyor
Truckle Mrs. Mary, shopkeeper,
Junction road Tuck Edward, Compass Inn, Winsor Tusler James, railway inspector,
Alma cottage Upson William, beer retailer, Old
Enterprise, Rumbridge st Veal Chas. shopkeeper, Osborne rd.
Rumbridge street Viant Henry, L.R.C.P. M.R.C.S. L.S.A. L.M. Physician and Surgeon to the troops at Marchwood. Elingfield house Vine Mrs. saddler, &c. Junction rd Waddington Mrs. W. W. professor of drawing and painting, Rumbridge street Walsh John, draper and outfitter, Little Bee Hive, Rumbridge st. C. F. Batt, manager, and at Southampton Warwick J. P. boot and shoe maker Wild Charles, pilot, Osborne road,
Rumbridge street Woodward Wm. farmer, Great Testwood
WARSASH.
(See Hook.)
West End.
A village and ecclsiastical district formed in 1840 from the civil parish of South Stoneham, and under the same jurisdiction, between 4 and 5 miles N.E. from Southampton, and about 2| from the parish church. The village is pleasantly situated, and contains some neatly built villas. The South Stoneham Union Workhouse is near here. The Church (St. James') erected in 1888 is a white brick edifice with stone dressing, built in the early English style. It is oblong in shape, and has a tower and gallery. The living is a vicarage held by the Rev. Charles Tudor Williams, B.A., of Trinity College, Dublin. Here are National Schools and a Reading Room. Thos. Atkins is the schoolmaster.
P p 2
Facebook Twitter Stumbleupon Delicious Digg RSS