Persistent identifier:
00660471
image: of 718
VILLAGE" DIRECTOBY.
eui
Philpott Mrs. 0 farmer, Mullih's farm
Prince Harry, farmer, Home farm Khoies J, farmer, Old Manor farm Stride Alf. farmer, Pink's farm Stubbs Chas. farmer, Church farm Stubb3 James, farmer, Dibden
house farm Vaughan George, farmer, Nash
hill farm Webb Thomas, farmer, Dibden
Bottom farm Wyeth James, coffee tavern, " Travellers' Best"
DURLEY.
A small but pleasant village and parish in the Northam division of the county, 7£ miles N.E. from Southampton and 2 miles S.W. from Bishop's Waltham railway station, in the Hundred. County Court district and Rural Deanery of Bishop's Waltham, Droxford Union and Petty Sessional division, and Archdeaconry and Diocese of Winchester. The church dedicated to Holy Cross anl bearing date of register, 1560, is a building of the past ages, having a nave, chancel, transepts, and a small spire with 3 bells. It has recently been thoroughly restored, and is a neat, compact, edifice. The living is a rectory held by the Rev. Richard Ferguson, M.A. The Wesleyans have a chapel here, and there is a National school. The Ecclesiastical Commissioners are Lords of the Manor, and there are several landowners. .
Population (1881) about 550.
Parish Clerk—Chas. May.
National School — Mrs. Mayers, mistress.
Letters are received through Bishop's Waltham, which is the nearest money order and telegraph office, and are delivered at 7.0 a.m.; and collected,at 5,45 P,m.
Mincefield (a tything in this parish
is about 1£ miles east. Churchwardens—Rd. Mears and
Geo. Palmer.
• Overseers—Wm. Coles and Peter Page.
Private.
Blake ReV. curate, Old Vicarage Crockatt Col. Durley lodge Ferguson Rev. Richard, M.A. rector Palmer Geo. Greenwood house Palmer Mrs. Greenwood house
Commercial....
Blundell F. J. farmer, Hill farm Coles Wm. Newbury, farmer,
Homelands Coombes E. farmer, Netherhill farm
Crosswell Geo. bricklayer Crosswell Samuel, bricklayer Dentiam Austin, shopkeeper Giddings Charles, farm bailiff to
E. Coombes Heath Peter, wheelwright Hodges Geo. Alfred, farmer, Snake-
more farm Houghton A., market gardener Houghton E. jun. grocer and baker Houghton Edmund, farmer Houghton Jacob, dealer Houghton James, timber merchant Houghton Robert, boot maker Kilpatrick P. farm bailiff to Mr.
Pilling Long Leonard, carpenter May Charles, parish clerk Mayers Mrs. National school mistress
Mears Richard, farmer and grocer Lampard Joseph, farmer Page Peter, blacksmith Pilling John, farmer, Durley Manor farm
Warren, Robin Hood White Mrs. farmer, . Stapleford farm
EASTLEIGH.
A flourishing parish and ecclesiastical district, formed in 1868 out . of the parish of South Stone-, ham, including the tithings of
M'to
Facebook Twitter Stumbleupon Delicious Digg RSS