Persistent identifier:
00660470
image: of 443
GENERAL INFORMATION
439
SOUTHAMPTON HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY.
established 1862.
Officers for 1876.
President—Thomas Chamberlayne, Esq., Cranbury Park.. Vice-Presidents—The Worshipful the Mayor of Southampton
(E. Jones, Esc
Alderman Buchan, j. p.
C. A. Day, Esq., j.p. C. F. Deacon, Esq.
R. Driver, Esq.
H. Dunlop, Esq.
S. M. Emanuel, Esq., j.p. Sir Charles Harvey, Bart. Alderman Hickman G. T. Harper, Esq.
J. P. Hoare, Esq.
), j.p., e.g.8.
C. Harrison, Esq. A. Jackson, Esq. Mr. Councillor McCalmont Col. A. R. Naghten, m.p. Alderman Payne Mr. Councillor Rogers, j. p. G. W. Sherriff, Esq. Rev. F. H. Bo wden-Smith Rev. J. C. Wright, ll.d.
committee.
Chairman—Lt. -Col. Lacy, The Polygon. Vice-Chairman—Mr. G. H. Philps.
Mr. R. Jenkins j Mr. B. Ladhams Mr. R. Kimbcr | Mr. H. Pond Mr. J. Kingsbury | Mr. G. T. Pope
Mr. Bushell" | Mr. Dumper
Mr. E. Chamberlain Mr. Everitt Mr. W. Dale j Mr. G. Grant
Hon. Treasurer—Mr. R. Dawson, Stanley House, Avenue.
Members' Auditor—Mr. R. Yelf.
Collector—Mr. T. Poole, East Park Cottage.
Secretary—My. C. S. Fuidge, York-street, Lower Avenue.
Bankers—National Provincial Bank of England.
A subscription of not less than 5s. constitutes membership. Tickets for the Exhibitions equal to the full amount subscribed will be issued in addition to the Members Ticket.

|
THE SOUTHAMPTON CRICKET GROUND.
Is situated in St. Mary's-road, and is under the control of a committee of management, consisting of
Chairman—Mr. Alfred J. Dyer.
Vice-Chairman — Mr. T. Walton.
Mr. M. Batchelor Mr. G. Savage
Mr. R. Kimber Mr. C. Wooldridge
Mr. R. Morgan
Secretary—Mr. C. Rose, 5, Brinton's-terrace.
The ground is open from the first week in May till the third week in September, and is occupied by the following clubs :—Southampton, the College, Mercantile Marine, St. Luke, and St. Mary's.
Tuesdays and Fridays are practice days.
On other days of the week the ground may be used for Friendly Society fetes, and Sunday School treats.
In addition to matches by the clubs above-named, the Hampshire County Club have intimated their intention to use the ground in 1876.
. There is a match on every Saturday afternoon throughout the season.
Facebook Twitter Stumbleupon Delicious Digg RSS